Friday, April 6, 2012

A damning critique of the Liberal Democrat local election campaign

... is not to be found here. I've decided the minuscule chance of my critical post being used to improve the campaign is outweighed by the small chance of damage.

And I don't want to risk damage, given the great people I know who are putting themselves up for election.

I will post the critique after the May elections.



Instead, I would encourage Liberal Democrat candidates to get as clear as you can with your electorate on some basic questions:

1. What are you campaigning for? Or against?

2. What is it that makes Liberal Democrat councils distinctively Liberal Democrat?

3. The Coalition is "putting more money back in the pockets of hardworking people". How is this helping tackle the deficit?

No comments:

Post a Comment